How Do I
Click to Home

Go To Search

Barking Dogs
Complaint Procedurebarking dog
For residents of unincorporated Arapahoe County, there is a three step process to help alleviate any issues neighbors may be having with a noisy dog.
  1. An anonymous notice of the problem
  2. A single signature signed Warning
  3. A two household signed Summons and Complaint
In many instances the situation can be resolved simply by speaking with your neighbor and letting them know that their dog has been disturbing you. Often times dog owners are not aware that their dog has become a nuisance because they’re not home when the noise is happening. If you have already tried this or feel uncomfortable talking with your neighbors, contact Animal Control for help.
If there has never been a noisy dog complaint against the neighbor before, we will be happy to talk to them one time without having to have a signed document. The second complaint generates a written Warning which takes a single complaining neighbor to sign it. You may also start with this step and skip the anonymous notice.
After a warning has been served, it will then take two complainants from different households to sign a Summons and Complaint where the dog owner is ticketed. For all Noisy Dog complaints, the dog must be barking for a 20 minute continuous time frame between the hours of 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. or a 10 minute continuous time frame between 9:01 p.m. and 6:59 a.m.

Additional information may be obtained from the County amended Resolution for Noisy Dogs.

For more information on why dogs bark and possible ways to help a nuisance barker, this may be helpful.

Contact Us
Submit an Animal Control Form

Arapahoe County
Lima Plaza
6924 S. Lima St.
Centennial, CO 80112

Ph: 720-874-6750
Fx: 303-790-8934
Relay Colorado: 711

Monday - Saturday
7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.

For after hours emergency calls, please contact the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office at 720-874-4711.

Caitlyn Cahill