The Assessor’s Office recently mailed Notice of Valuation to county property owners. The assessments are in line with neighboring counties, ensuring fairness and consistency in property valuations. The Assessor uses data from 33,00 sold properties during the base period, which spans from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2022. Read on for guidance on reviewing your property value statement and learn the steps required if you’d like to file a protest by the June 8 deadline.
Finding Your Property's Value
To access the value of your property as of June 30, 2022, follow these steps:
- Visit the Arapahoe County Assessor’s property search tool at Residential, Commercial, Ag, and Vacant Land Parcel Search
- Locate Your Property: Use the provided search options to find your property.
- Access Property Comparables: Once you find your property, you can access the comparable properties used to determine its value. Click the link "2023 Traditional Notice of Value", which is located in the upper right corner of the page.
- Neighborhood Sales: If you intend to lookup Neighborhood Sales information, make note of the Neighborhood Code in middle left of the page.
Finding Neighborhood Sales Information
To view the sales information for your neighborhood, follow these steps:
Appealing Property Values
If you wish to protest your property's assessed value, the Arapahoe County Assessor's Office provides several options for filing an appeal:
- Online: Visit the Arapahoe County Assessor’s Online Protest Form and follow the instructions provided. Need assistance? Follow these step-by-step instructions with screenshots.
- You may also download the form to print, complete, and submit in person, by fax, or by drop box.
- By Phone: Call the Assessor's Office at 303-795-4600 to discuss your concerns or initiate the appeal process.
- By Appointment: Schedule an appointment with the Assessor's Office to meet in person and discuss your appeal. Contact the office at 303-795-4600 to arrange an appointment.
- By Fax: If you prefer to submit your appeal by fax, download the form and send it to 303-797-1295.
- Relay: For individuals with hearing or speech disabilities, use relay services by dialing 711 to contact the Assessor's Office.
Walk-in and Drop Box Locations
In addition to the above methods, you have the option to download and submit your appeal documents or other correspondence in person at the following walk-in locations or drop box locations:
- Walk-in services are available May 1 through May 19. Appointments are strongly encouraged to avoid waiting in line.
- Administration Building – 5334 S Prince St., Littleton, CO 80120
- Altura Plaza – 15400 E 14th Place, Aurora, CO 80011
Drop Box Locations:
- Littleton – Administration Building: 5334 S Prince St. Littleton, CO 80120 (Located in the Front)
- Centennial – Lima Plaza: 6954 S Lima St. Centennial, CO 80112 (Located in front of DMV)
- Aurora – 690 S Chambers Road, Aurora, CO 80017 (Located in front of (DMV)
- Aurora – Altura Plaza: 15400 E Chambers Road, Ste 500, Aurora, CO 80011 (Located inside lobby area)
- Byers – Motor Vehicle: 538 US Hwy 36, Byers, CO 80103 (Located in front of DMV)
Please call the Assessor Office at 303-795-4600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org