While October is National Cybersecurity Month, keeping your personal information secure is something we focus on every day.
Here are a few of the ways we are proactive at preventing cyberattacks:
- Employ a full-time cybersecurity manager, supported by a robust Information Technology staff trained in spotting threats.
- Work with regional, state, and federal partners on the latest threats and alerts, which helps ensure our infrastructure is at its safest.
- Require all employees to complete trainings to help spot potential attacks.
- Scan all incoming emails and attachments for viruses and other malicious attachments.
- Require multi-factor authentication for employees who access County information online.
- Make it easy for employees to report potential threats in a judgement-free environment.
- Scan computer networks for abnormal or potentially dangerous activities.
While no one can completely eliminate risk, we’re committed to building a culture of security that keeps you and your information safe.