News Flash

Sheriff's Office News

Posted on: March 4, 2019

Video visit an inmate in the Arapahoe County jail from anywhere

anywhere visit 1

Visiting an inmate in the Arapahoe County Detention facility just got easier. Instead of driving to the facility to speak to your friend or loved one through a video kiosk, you can now visit with them from virtually anywhere with internet access and a free app. See how it works.  The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office will begin using Anywhere Visit social media technology by Securus Technologies on March 5 to save visitors time and money. 

“A friend or family member who wants to visit their loved one will no longer have to come to the visitation center at the facility to do that. This will save them time driving to the facility and potentially avoid child care issues,” said Bureau Chief Vince Line. “It will allow everyone to connect more often with inmates. It will also allow family and friends to visit who otherwise cannot get to the facility due to their location in the world, or perhaps due to health issues or disabilities that would prevent them from coming in person.”

Using this technology is easy. 30 minute visits can be scheduled any day from 6:00 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Securus app is free to download. It cost $8.99 for people to visit remotely for 30 minutes with an inmate. 27% of the fee goes to the vendor for providing the service and the other 73% goes into a fund that supports inmate programs. Just as the visits that take place at the facility, the remote visits are subject to monitoring and recording.  

People can still visit inmates for free at the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility on Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. and on Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Anywhere Visit at ACSO

Read a PDF of the news release
Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Sheriff's Office News

Dismel_Jonathan logo

Suspect Arrested in Dog Waste Incident

Posted on: February 28, 2020