Name of facility, State
Inmate Name, Inmate Identifier
P.O. Box 247
Phoenix, MD 21131
Arapahoe County Detention Center, CO
John Smith, #11111
P.O. Box 247
Phoenix, MD 21131
- All personal mail from family and friends such as letters, pictures, and drawings will be digitally delivered to the inmate through ViaPath tablets and their “Facility Messages” app under the free profile.
- All incoming non-personal mail will be inspected. Mail is processed and distributed Monday through Friday, excluding county holidays.
- Inmate to inmate mail is not permitted in this or any other detention or corrections facility.
- Inmates may receive incoming mail, sealed letters from groups or persons and organizations, including but not limited to the following:
- Legal counsel
- Government, jail or medical officials
- Members of the parole authority
- Mail is processed and distributed Monday through Friday, excluding county holidays.
Inmates are not allowed to receive any original photographs, computer generated photographs, or internet material (Effective Dec 1, 2022)
- Non-legal envelopes over 8 inches by 10 inches, packages, boxes, books, magazines and other similar items that are considered parcels will not be accepted without pre-approval by the inmate through the Mail Technician.
- Plans for criminal activity, the introduction of contraband and/or activities in violation of Facility rules.
- Instructions for the construction and/or manufacture of weapons, explosives or incendiary devices, drugs, drug paraphernalia or alcoholic beverages.
- Material that would, if communicated, disrupt the operation and/or safety of the Facility, create serious danger, interpersonal discord, violence and/or harm to any person.
- Any contraband including, but not limited to: Polaroid photographs, stationary items (i.e., postage stamps, post cards, envelopes, blank paper), business cards, lottery tickets, heavy paper stock, laminated items, plastic or cardboard items, lipstick, glitter, stickers, perfumes/oils, ribbons, beads, string, chemicals, liquids, foreign substances, drawings or writings made with crayons, batteries, electronic devices, recorded musical cards, glue, etc.
- Food items.
- Sexually explicit photographs, articles, or materials depicting sexual activity or displaying male/female genitalia or breasts.
- Gang-related materials including gang graffiti, activity, or tagging.
- Items, whether original or photocopies, that contain credit card(s) and/or account numbers; bank account numbers, checks, deposit slips or any financial statement; Personal Identification Numbers or security codes for any financial transaction or device; Social Security card or number; driver’s license, passport, passport card, consulate card, tribal ID; birth or death certificates or mortuary documents; and/or real estate or property tax documents.
- Three-way or third party mail, i.e., mail sent from an inmate to any address outside of the Facility which is then re-mailed back into the Facility to a different inmate.
- Any mail in violation of any court orders that include, but are not limited to, protection orders, restraining orders and/or no-contact orders.