Concealed Handgun Permits


There will be no concealed handgun permit processing or fingerprinting until April 20, 2020 

We have implemented a temporary service change as we closely monitor the rapidly evolving coronavirus situation. The sheriff’s office is suspending the concealed handgun permit process and fingerprinting conducted at its headquarters at 13101 E. Broncos Parkway in Centennial from now through April 20, 2020. This is for new and renewal permit applications. Applications that have already started will be processed. After the suspension, the sheriff will re-evaluate the situation. 

These temporary precautions are necessary because the sheriff’s office cannot guarantee a six-foot area of social distancing in the often crowded lobby.  We appreciate your understanding during this tough time. We each have a role to play and we’re all in this together. 

(The information below is for when there is no public health risk.)
New, Renewal or Retired Permits

Applications for concealed handgun permits (new, renewal, or for retired peace officers) will be accepted on a walk-in basis at the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office located at:
13101 East Broncos Parkway
Centennial, CO 80112

The hours for submitting applications are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
  • For new permits, there is a non-refundable $152.50 processing fee.
  • For renewal permits, there is a non-refundable $63.00 processing fee.
  • There is a $15.00 late fee for any permit that has expired. No permit shall be renewed six months or more after its expiration date and the permit shall be deemed permanently expired.
Payment can be made by cash, check, money order or credit card (except American Express).

By law, the sheriff has ninety (90) days from receipt of your application to perform a background check and either approve or deny your request for a concealed handgun permit. It could take up to ninety (90) days to complete the background check and notify you that your permit is ready to pick up. 


Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. Please call 720-874-3919 if you still have questions related to the CHP process. Incomplete documentation may result in your CHP application not being processed. 

*Effective March 14, 2014, per new state law, if you have an Arapahoe County permit and live in another county, you must renew in the county in which you reside. If you live in Arapahoe County and have a permit from another county, you need to renew in Arapahoe County.

**Effective January 6, 2015, please use specific applications for new permits and renewal permits below.

Helpful Forms