Unincorporated Arapahoe County Temporary Outdoor Seating Variance
The county has passed a resolution to relax the enforcement of County zoning requirements, allowing businesses in unincorporated areas to establish outdoor service areas. Businesses seeking this variance can submit an application to the County. View the application for details and instructions. Call Zoning at 720-874-6711 if you have any questions.
The Zoning Division enforces the zoning, subdivision and weed regulations for unincorporated Arapahoe County. We process all building, fence and sign permits to ensure they comply with County regulations. Zoning also enforces Christmas tree lot, fireworks stand and bus bench regulations. We provide zoning information to the public and present cases to the Board of Adjustment where there are variances, special exception uses and interpretations to the County’s zoning regulations. Please refer to the Regulations and Requirements link on the left for additional zoning information.
Backyard Chickens and Bees
Arapahoe County allows for backyard bee and chicken keeping in unincorporated residentially-zoned areas with single-family detached housing. Get more information here.
Need a Quick Answer?
During business hours (M-F, 8 - 4:30), talk to someone to get the information you need quickly. Call 720-874-6650 and ask for:
- Planner on Call: for questions about current land development activity or processes for land development approvals.
- Zoning on Call: to find the zoning on properties, check allowable land uses, report a property concern or ask about fence or sign permits.
Question and Complaint Forms
- To ask a question or get information from Zoning or Planning, use this form. Please select Planning or Zoning from drop down menu.
- To file a complaint use this form. You can do this anonymously if you’d like to.
Find My Property
- Do I live in unincorporated Arapahoe County? Check what jurisdiction I live in.
- If you live within an incorporated city or town, please contact incorporated city or town directly here.
- For land development processing and rezoning, contact the Arapahoe County Planning Division.
- For Maps with Zoning information see Zoning Maps in the Mapping/GIS Services Section of Support Services.
- Find the answer to many common Zoning questions here.