Land Development Approvals

Current Planning

Current Planning, working closely with the Engineering Services Division, processes all applications for land use approvals, including subdivisions of land, rezoning of property, site plan approvals, use by special review applications, and other related processes. Applications for mobile-communications facilities, major transmission lines and pipelines, and oil and gas and solar facilities are also managed by the Current Planning Division Staff.. Zoning and Subdivision Regulations, for land use and development within the unincorporated county, are included in the county’s Land Development Code and 1041 Regulations.

Need a Quick Answer?

During business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., talk to someone to get the information you need quickly. Call 720-874-6650 and ask for:

  • Planner on Call for questions about current land development activity or processes for land development approvals.
  • Zoning on Call to find the zoning on properties, check allowable land uses, report a property concern, or ask about fence or sign permits.
  • Use the Form Center to report, request. or submit a question to Planning or Zoning. Please select Planning or Zoning from the drop down menu.
  • Customer Access allows you to submit applications, upload documents, communicate with your case reviewer and make payments (coming soon).
Button to Citizen Access Portal Opens in new window

Find My Property

ArapaMap and Address / Parcel Information tools may also help you find the information you need about a property located in the unincorporated areas of the county.

Additional Information

You are encouraged to contact the Planning Division (720-874-6650) or Records office (720-874-6508) to research a property of interest. Informal meetings with staff may be scheduled at any time, and a more formal pre-submittal meeting is required prior to submitting land use applications.

Individuals buying property are encouraged to check the subdivision history of land to ensure the property has been legally created as a parcel, meeting the minimum land area requirements of the zoning district to ensure eligibility for obtaining a building permit for a home or other use.

Application Process and Forms - Go to this page to find a number of useful documents and forms related to our land development process. 

Fees - Go to this page to learn about land development review fees.