- Public Works and Development
- Planning and Land Development
- Long Range Planning
Long Range Planning
The Arapahoe County Planning Commission adopted a county-wide Comprehensive Plan and the following sub-area plans. The Comprehensive Plan also includes an appendix that contains information referenced in the Plan. Please note the sub-area plans have NOT been revised with the adoption of the 2018 Comprehensive Plan.
- Byers Sub-Area Plan. Byers is an unincorporated rural town center located 36 miles east of Aurora along I-70.
- Four Square Mile Sub-Area Plan. Four Square Mile Area is an unincorporated enclave between Denver and Aurora bounded by Mississippi Avenue, Dayton Street, Yale Avenue, and Quebec Street.
- Lowry Range Sub-Area Plan. The Lowry Range is a 40 square mile area of State Land Board land east of Aurora Reservoir at the southern boarder of Arapahoe County.
- Strasburg Sub-Area Plan. Strasburg, is a small, unincorporated rural town center located 30 miles east of Aurora along I-70.
The Arapahoe County Comprehensive Plan provides guidance for land use decisions for the unincorporated areas of the county. The Sub-Area Plans provide more guidance for specific areas of the county. Each of these documents are subject to review and amendment by the Planning Commission. The consideration of amendments is governed by Chapter VI: Plan Revisions and Amendments of the Comprehensive Plan, and Appendix A: Comprehensive Plan Amendment Process.
Visit the demographics page for information about the County and several subareas within the County. The information in the reports comes from a variety of sources, including the US Census, American Community Survey, Colorado State Demography Office, Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, and the US Department of Agriculture, and is periodically updated as new information is available.
Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan 2015-2020