Planning and Land Development
Need a Quick Answer?
During business hours (M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) talk to someone to get the information you need quickly. Call 720-874-6650 and ask for:
- Planner on Call for questions about current land development activity or processes for land development approvals.
- Zoning on Call to find the zoning on properties, check allowable land uses, report a property concern or ask about fence or sign permits.
- Use the Form Center to submit a Report, Request or Question to the Planning or Zoning Divisions. Please select Planning or Zoning from drop down menu.
- Learn more about Public Works On Call
- Customer Access allows you to upload documents, check project status and make payments.
Find My Property
The Planning Division of the Public Works and Development Department provides services to the unincorporated areas of Arapahoe County.
- Animal Control – Dog licensing, animal control regulations, and pet owner education
- Current Planning / Land Development Approvals – Land use and development services
- Long Range Planning / Comprehensive Plan and SubArea Plans – Land use and comprehensive planning
- Major Planning Cases – Details about some of our current cases
- Arapahoe County’s Active Planning Cases Map – Land development cases actively under review in unincorporated Arapahoe County
- Land Development Code Updates – Arapahoe County has conducted an assessment of its current zoning, subdivision, and land use regulations with the goals of making the land development process more efficient and user friendly
- Zoning Administration – Property information, zoning compliance, and permits
- Weed Control – Control of noxious weeds on public lands and land owner education
- Demographics - To understand more about Arapahoe County, please visit this page for basic demographic information and to find links to outside sources
- Homeowner and Neighborhood Associations - These associations are a vital part of the communications network for Arapahoe County
- Marijuana Rules and Regulations in Arapahoe County