Injured, Sick or Dead Animals

Animals Needing Help

Animal Control will pick up stray domestic animals that appear to be injured or sick. Larger wildlife may need to be referred to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife depending on the situation.

Animal Control will also dispose of dead domestic animals and owned pets that are deceased will be disposed of for a fee. Smaller wildlife like rabbits, raccoons and squirrels can be disposed of by the citizen themselves. Larger wildlife like deer will only be disposed of if it’s on the road or in a public area. If it is located on private property, it will be up to the owner of the property to properly dispose of the animal. Citizens may contact Animal Control with any questions about which of these situations may apply.