Welfare Concerns

Be a Pet's Advocate

Animal welfare can take on many forms. A concern can be pets left outside without water, adequate shelter or food. If you observe a pet under these conditions please contact Arapahoe County Animal Services so an officer can assess the situation. For concerns outside of unincorporated Arapahoe County, please contact your local agency or Colorado Humane Society (CHS) welfare investigators. CHS can be reached at 303-923-0022 or by visiting the Dumb Friends League welfare investigations website.
Pets left inside vehicles during extreme hot or cold weather has become a common and serious issue. Please contact your local animal services or law enforcement agency if you see a situation regarding an animal left inside a care without water or airflow.