Arapahoe County assists eligible individuals with applying for the following Colorado public health insurance programs:
- Health First Colorado: Colorado's Medicaid Program is free or low cost public health insurance for Coloradans who qualify. Health First Colorado can cover your doctor visits, emergency care, preventative care such as screenings and immunizations, and other procedures and treatments. You may also qualify for Long-Term Care which can include nursing facility care and Home and Community-Based Services where health care providers deliver care in your home.
- Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) is low-cost public health insurance for Colorado's uninsured children and pregnant women who earn too much to qualify for Health First Colorado, but cannot afford private insurance.
How to Apply
- Apply online or visit our Aurora or Littleton office to apply using a lobby kiosk.
- Apply by phone at 1-800-221-3943 or TDD: 711
- Manage Your Benefits and Report a Change
Note: When you apply for Health First Colorado, you are applying for both the Colorado Medicaid Program and CHP+. You do not need to turn in more than one application for you or your family.
Find Private Coverage
If you learn that you are not eligible for Health First Colorado, you can purchase private health insurance on your own or through the Connect for Health Colorado health insurance marketplace. You may qualify for a cost-savings program through the marketplace to lower the cost of your premium and reduce your co-pays and deductibles.
Beware of fraudulent websites redirecting people to paid sites. You should never have to pay to secure your family's medical, food and cash benefits. Visit CO.gov/PEAK.