Adult and Senior Services
Report Abuse and Neglect
If you have concerns that an elderly or at-risk adult is being mistreated or is self-neglecting, please call our 24/7 abuse and neglect hotline at 303-636-1750. Your report is anonymous and confidential.
Services for Adults and Seniors
Arapahoe County’s Department of Human Services offers financial assistance and protective services to support at-risk adults and seniors in our community.
- Adult Protection investigates reports of abuse, neglect or financial exploitation of seniors or at-risk adults and provides protective services
- Food, Financial and Medical Benefits for low-income adults, which can include the following benefits:
- Aid to the Blind
- Aid to the Needy Disabled
- Food Assistance
- General Assistance
- Long Term Care
- Low-Income Energy Assistance Program
- Medicare Savings Program
- Old Age Pension
Other County Services
- Arapahoe / Douglas Works! Workforce Center offers job-search assistance and training for mature job-seekers.
- Senior Resources Division offers services to assist seniors in maintaining a healthy, active and independent life, including chore and homemaker programs and senior transportation on wheelchair-accessible buses.
- Senior and Veteran Tax Exemptions allow a portion of the value of a primary residence to be exempted from property tax.
- Veterans Service Office assists veterans and their dependents with filing for veteran assistance benefits.