NOTICE: The Arapahoe County call centers are experiencing a high volume of calls to all county numbers, especially those to Human Services. Please continue trying as we are committed to serving our citizens.
Skip the lines and drive time by accessing Colorado PEAK online
Remotely apply for food, cash, medical and early childhood assistance programs, upload documents, report changes and more.
Welcome to Human Services
Our mission is to build strong communities by promoting the safety, independence and stability of individuals and families. Our vision is to end to the cycle of poverty and prevent abuse and neglect of children and vulnerable adults. Read our Mission, Vision and Values.
Two generations, One future. The 2-Gen Approach
Our two-generation approach provides opportunities for and meets the needs of vulnerable children and their parents together and vulnerable adults and their caregivers together. Our families receive the services that put the WHOLE FAMILY on a path of economic security. Learn more about the Two-Generation approach.
Resources, Services and Responsibilities
- Colorado PEAK: An online service for Coloradans to screen and apply for medical, food, cash, and early childhood assistance programs.
- Quick Guide to Food, Housing and Support Services (Printable)
- Getting There Guide: A resource guide to transportation services for the Denver Metro area
- Adoption Program
- Adult Protection
- Child Care Assistance
- Child Protection
- Child Support Services
- Collaborative Foster Care Program
- Financial Assistance
- Food Assistance
- Heat / Energy Assistance
- Medical Assistance
- Youth in Conflict Services
- Free Classes and Workshops
- Human Services Mission, Vision and Values
- Human Services 2018 Fact Sheet
- Annual Report
- Media Contact
- Performance Management
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Not One More Child in Arapahoe County: Community Coalition to Prevent Child Abuse and Neglect
- HANDS - Helping Arapahoe (County) Neighbors Discover Support
- GOALS - Generational Opportunities to Achieve Long-term Success
- Partnering for the Holidays
- Back to Basics Workshop for Child Care Providers