- Human Services
Our mission is to build strong communities by promoting the safety, independence and stability of individuals and families. Our vision is to end generational poverty and prevent abuse and neglect of children and vulnerable adults.
Please call ahead before visiting: 303-636-1130, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Apply for State Assistance with Colorado PEAK
Colorado PEAK is the place to apply for and manage state benefits online, including medical, food, cash, early childhood assistance and other benefits. Visit ColoradoPEAK.
Need help signing into PEAK, making a payment or more? No matter your schedule, PEAK Chatbot is ready 24/7 to get you answers, fast. Simply visit ColoradoPEAK and/or click on the Chat button.
The 2Gen Approach
Our two-generation (2Gen) approach provides opportunities for and meets the needs of vulnerable children and their parents together, and vulnerable adults and their caregivers together. Our families receive the services that put the whole family on a path of economic security. Learn more about the Two-Generation approach.
Resources, Services and Responsibilities
- Colorado PEAK: An online service for Coloradans to apply for and manage medical, food, cash and early childhood assistance benefits
- Quick Guide to Food, Housing and Support Services (Printable)
- Getting There Guide: A resource guide to transportation services for the Denver Metro area
- Adoption Program
- Adult Protection
- Child Care Assistance
- Child Protection
- Child Support Services
- Collaborative Foster Care Program
- Financial Assistance
- Food Assistance
- Heat / Energy Assistance
- Medical Assistance
- Youth in Conflict Services
- Free Classes and Workshops
- Department Divisions
- Human Services Mission, Vision and Values
- Human Services Non-Discrimination Notice
- Media Contacts
- Performance Management (Arapa-STAT)
- Workflow Management (HSConnects)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Reports and Fact Sheets:
Community Programs & Initiatives
Human Services is always striving to bring families, partners and communities together for the greater good. Learn about our ongoing programs and initiatives.