The Recording Division of the Clerk and Recorder's Office is responsible for recording, indexing and preserving public documents, issuing marriage licenses and civil union licenses, and processing new passport applications.

Recording Documents

The Recording Division can assist citizens with recording real estate records, military discharges (DD-214) and any other items where there is a need for a public record.
  • Record Documents: You can record documents at our office Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Arapahoe County Administration Building located at 5334 S. Prince Street Littleton, CO 80120.
  • Search for Documents: Use our online Document Search to find recorded documents dating back to Feb. 1, 1996 and purchase copies. Visit our office at the County Administration Building for paper records dating back to 1902.
  • Sign Up For Document Fraud Alerts: Create an account with FraudSleuth Document Fraud Detection System, which will notify you by email at no cost whenever a document has been recorded in your name. This is a free, easy tool to help prevent identity theft and fraud.
  • Court Records and Legal Forms: Arapahoe County is not affiliated with the Courts and we do not provide court records or forms. Instead, please visit the Colorado Judicial Branch and find the District Court in which the case was filed, or use the self-help forms. This includes:
Marriage and Civil Union Licenses
The Recording Division also issues marriage licenses and civil union licenses. We strongly encourage applicants to complete the online application before both applicants visit any one of our office locations in-person to sign and submit their application. See Wait Times at our office to plan your visit.


The Clerk and Recorder's Office applications for U.S. passports on behalf of the U.S. Department of State by appointment only. We do not assist with passport renewals. Please renew online at

For more information about our services, please contact us at 303-795-4520.