Schedule a Passport Appointment
The Arapahoe County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is an appointment-only facility. We do not accept walk-in applicants. Please make an appointment if this is your first time applying for a passport, or if you are not eligible to renew through the mail.
Before making an appointment, please check if you are eligible to renew through the mail on the State Department site. If so, you can save $35 charged to all applicants who apply in person.
What to BringAll applicants must be present. Please bring:
- Unsigned, completed passport application form in black ink only for each applicant (must include your social security number);
- One color passport photo measuring 2 inches by 2 inches for each applicant (Note: You must remove eye glasses for photos);
- Proof of citizenship, such as certified birth certificate, naturalization certificate or previous passport for each applicant;
- Valid, permanent photo ID for each applicant;
- A check or money order payable to "Arapahoe County Clerk" for processing fee of $35 per application; and,
- Check(s) or money order(s) payable to "Department of State" for the application fee for each application.
Check the Status of Your Application
To check on the status of an application in process, please visit the National Passport Information Center website or call 1-877-487-2778.
Find another passport agency near you