Book An Appointment
The Arapahoe County Clerk and Recorder’s Office provides limited driver’s license and ID services BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at our Centennial and Littleton Branch Offices. We do NOT accept walk-in customers.
- Driver’s license renewal, including name, address or gender change and motorcycle endorsements
- First-time driver’s license with proof of completed driving test
- Transfer your license or ID from another state
- Colorado ID cards
- Non-certified motor vehicle record
Our driver’s license services are limited. We do not offer written or driving tests, CDLs, replacements for drivers under age 21, restricted licenses, reinstatements. We also do not accept immigration documents, including Permanent Resident ("Green") Cards or Certificates of Naturalization.
If you need full services, walk-in availability or hold immigration documents, please visit a State Driver’s License Office. You can also skip the trip and go online to renew, change your address, or request a driving record.
Our Limited Services - By Appointment Only
|Renew a Driver's License and/or:||$28
|First-Time Driver's License with Proof of Completed Driving Test
|Colorado ID Card
|Motor Vehicle Driving Record (non-certified)
All Colorado driver's license and identification cards are mailed and take up to 30 days to arrive. If you have not received your document within 30 days, please call the Colorado Department of Revenue at 303-205-5613, option 5, to inquire about the status, or visit mydmv.colorado.gov.
What to Bring to Your Appointment:
All customers must bring ID, proof of address and social security number and payment for fees. See examples and specific requirements for what to bring.
- Acceptable Form of ID to prove identity, name, birth date and lawful presence in the U.S. (must be original and unaltered*).
- Social Security Card or other form of proof of Social Security Number (must be original and unaltered*)
- Two (2) forms of proof of current Colorado residential address
- Cash, check, money order, credit card or debit card as payment for fees
- Additional documents are required for name change, military identifier, motorcycle endorsement and first-time license. See links above under Services.
Services NOT Offered:
- Written or Driving Tests
- Instruction Permits
- CDL Services
- Restricted Licenses
- Replacement Driver's License or Permit for anyone under age 21
- Immigration Documents
- Certified Motor Vehicle Driving Record
For more information on driver's licenses, ID cards and driving records, visit the Colorado Department of Revenue.