Driver's License

The Arapahoe County Clerk and Recorder's Office can assist residents of any county with limited driver's license services, Colorado ID cards or motor vehicle driving records BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at our Centennial and Littleton Branch Offices.

 As of June 1, 2017, we do NOT accept walk-in customers. We also do NOT accept immigration documents, such as Permanent Resident Cards and Certificates of Naturalization. If you need walk-in availability or full services, please visit a State Driver's License Office.

Book Appointment

Our Limited Services


Renew a Driver's License and/or: $27

First-Time Driver's License with Proof of Completed Driving Test
Motorcycle Endorsement
Colorado ID Card
Motor Vehicle Driving Record (non-certified)
*$5 County fee included for all Colorado ID cards and driving records

All Colorado driver's license and identification cards are mailed and take up to 30 days to arrive. If you have not received your document within 30 days, please call the Colorado Department of Revenue at 303-205-5948 to inquire about the status.

What to Bring:

All customers must bring ID, proof of address and social security number and payment for fees. See examples and specific requirements for what to bring.

  • Acceptable Form of ID to prove identity, name, birth date and lawful presence in the U.S. (must be original and unaltered*).
  • Social Security Card or other form of proof of Social Security Number (must be original and unaltered*)
  • Two (2) forms of proof of current Colorado residential address.
  • Cash, check, money order, credit card or debit card as payment for fees
  • Additional documents required for name change, military identifier, motorcycle endorsement and first-time license. See links above under Services.
*We cannot accept photocopies or documents that have been torn, taped, laminated or otherwise altered as proof of ID or social security number.

Services NOT Offered:

Arapahoe County does NOT offer the following services. Instead, please find a full-service State Driver's License Office to meets your needs.
  • Written or Driving Tests
  • Instruction Permits
  • CDL Services
  • Reinstatements
  • Restricted Licenses
  • Hearings
  • Replacement Driver's License or Permit for anyone under age 21
  • Immigration Documents
  • Certified Motor Vehicle Driving Record

Helpful Resources:

For more information on driver's licenses, ID cards and driving records, visit the Colorado Department of Revenue or call 303-205-5694.