Public Trustee Unclaimed Foreclosure Funds

Posting Excess Funds

When a property is sold through a foreclosure by the County Public Trustee for an amount in excess of the written bid, these excess proceeds are initially available to pay for any deficiency, then in certain instances to pay junior lienors, and finally, any remaining proceeds are to be paid to the owner of the property.

The County Treasurer's office maintained the excess foreclosure funds through August of 2012. If you believe you are entitled to any of the excess proceed monies on the Public Trustee Foreclosure Funds list from before that time, please contact the Treasurer's office at 303-795-4550. For excess funds from sales after August of 2012, please contact the Public Trustee's office at 303-730-0071.