Private Party Sales & Transfers

For sales or transfers from one person to another (not through a dealership), you will need to bring the following items:

  • Vehicle title
  • Bill of Sale (if applicable)
  • Proof of insurance
    Insurance card, copy of insurance policy or letter from your insurance company on the company’s letterhead including a description of the vehicle with the following information: year, make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN), effective date and expiration dates.
  • Emissions test
    New residents must show proof of a passing Colorado vehicle emissions test. Vehicles that are 7 model years old or newer are exempt from emissions requirements. For emissions testing locations visit Air Care Colorado.
  • Government issued identification
    Driver’s License, State-issued ID, passport or valid U.S. Military ID 
  • Payment
    We accept cash, checks, certified checks, credit/debit cards and money orders.
  • Loan documents (if financing)