- Public Health
- Birth and Death Certificates
Birth and Death Certificates
We can provide birth and death certificates that occurred in any Colorado county. Certified birth and death certificates are legal documents that are printed on forgery-resistant safety paper with watermarks, raised engraving, background security patterns, and a unique certificate identification number.
How to Obtain a Birth/Death Certificate
Only certain individuals, with proof of eligibility, can be provided with vital records. Requirements are set by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and are the same across all Counties.
Schedule an in-person appointment. In-person payments can be made by cash, check, money order, or credit card. Certificates are issued same day if record is ready for issuance in our system. Certificates are typically issued within 20 minutes.
Email an application to VitalRecords@arapahoegov.com, along with the required documentation listed below.
- Online through VitalChek
Additional fees are charged by VitalChek for online orders.
- Online through Go Certificates
Additional fees are charged by Go Certificates for online orders.
- Postal Mail
Print out an application and mail it to the address on the form, along with the required documentation listed below, including a check or money order, along with a photocopy of the requestor's ID.
- Certified Birth Certificates
Birth certificates cost $20.00 for the first copy and $13 for each additional copy of same certificate if ordered at the same time. Expedited UPS shipping (2-day) is available for non-in-person orders for an additional $25.
- Certified Death Certificates
Death certificates cost $20.00 for the first copy and $13 for each additional copy of same certificate if ordered at the same time. Expedited UPS shipping (2-day) is available for non-in-person orders for an additional $25.
- Copies can also be ordered through the funeral home making arrangements.
- Death certificates for a veteran of the armed forces can receive one free Veterans Administration Office copy.
Who Can Order Birth/Death Certificates
- The person named on the birth record
- Members of the immediate family, with required proof of relationship
- Legal representatives of those named above
- Others demonstrating a direct and tangible interest in the record
- The person's full name as it appears on the birth/death record
- Date and place of birth/death
- Parent's names along with mother's full maiden name
- Purpose for the copy
- Applicant's relationship to the person on the certificate
- Applicant's signature
- Payment for the number of copies requested
- Photocopy of the requestor's valid identification
Hours: 8:30 a.m.–12 p.m., 1 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
6162 S. Willow Dr., Suite 100
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
- What do I need to get a birth certificate for my child?
- Who can obtain a birth certificate?
- What are birth certificates used for?
- How long does it take to get the birth certificate in person, by email/mail, or by online?
- Do we have to go to the county that the birth occurred in? Or can I go to ANY Vital Records office?
- Why does the birth certificate print with mother’s maiden name?
- I don’t have an ID or documents. How can I apply for my birth certificate?
- I was not born in Colorado. Can I get a birth certificate from your office?
- When will I receive my child’s Social Security Card?
- What do I need to make a correction on my child’s birth certificate?