Small Business Relief Fund Grants
Business Rent Rescue Program
The deadline to apply for this grant has passed. Please visit https://www.coloradosbdc.org/ for other potential grant resources.
Arapahoe County is administering a Rent Rescue Grant Program to support our small- and medium-sized businesses throughout our communities. If your business is behind on commercial lease payments and has closed its doors or dramatically limited operations due to Public Health Orders related to COVID-19, please review the eligibility requirements, and apply today.
Qualifying businesses must have operated a physical location in Arapahoe County since December 30, 2019 and meet all of the eligibility requirements below.
- Past due rent payments dating back to March 1, 2020 will be considered.
- Grant up to $100,000; if emergency funding has already been received, eligible grant funds may be reduced by that amount.
- Funds may not be used for any expense other than commercial rent/mortgage costs or for payment of debt in excess of a minimum payment in an underlying debt instrument.
- First priority will be given to those businesses with the most severe impact from the pandemic.
- Approved businesses will have direct payments made to Owner/Landlord. Extraordinary circumstances will be considered for those businesses that used personal savings/assets to pay rent/mortgage (i.e. selling personal life insurance policy, acquiring loans from 401K, 2nd mortgage on personal property, etc.).
- Employer of up to 500 employees with a physical address in Arapahoe County.
- For-profit business that have lost at least 25% of its income due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Evidence that business has been in operation in Arapahoe County from December 30, 2019 or prior.
- The business has been forced to temporarily close or forced to dramatically limit operations due to the Public Health Orders related to COVID-19.
Please note, the following business types are not eligible for this assistance:
- National corporations (individually owned and operated businesses will be allowed to apply)
- Businesses deriving more than one-third of gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities
- Businesses engaged in any illegal activity
- Marijuana (medical and recreational)
- Businesses offering adult services or products
- Non-profit organizations
- Businesses that have received grant funding that addressed 100% of losses due to the pandemic
Get Ready to Apply
All applications must be complete and correct when submitted. Due to the time constraints placed on this program, the County will not be responsible for following up on any inaccuracies or missing information from application. Please read through all requirements thoroughly before submitting an application.
Please do not start an application until you have obtained all evidence and documentation to fulfill the eligibility requirements. Please view a sample application.
The deadline to apply for this grant has passed.
Disclaimer: Content on this page is informational only. Business applicants should rely on the details outlined in the application.
If you have questions about this grant or application process please contact us by: