CARES for Businesses
Advance Arapahoe Business Impact Assistance Grant Program
Arapahoe County is launching a $6 million grant program targeted to small and medium size businesses in Arapahoe County to ease the current economic burden resulting from the COVID-19 Pandemic and provide support to retain jobs in the community.
Two grant categories will be available:
- Business Interruption
- Grant can be used to support the operational needs of the business such as lease/mortgage payments, utility expenses, payroll expense, supplies and services, materials. (If grant funding was received by the business within the past 6 months, the amount received will be deducted from the award.)
- Grant amounts will be determined by number of employees
- 1-50 Up to $10,000
- 51-250 Up to $15,000
- 251-500 Up to $20,000
- Funds can be used to purchase items needed to adapt your business to new processes or items needed to operate in a different manner due to the COVID-19 crisis, including PPE. This grant will reimburse items purchased back to March 1, 2020 used to safely adapt and/or change your business to operate within the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will also allow you to plan future expense and be reimbursed at the time of the expense through November 30, 2020.
- Maximum amount up to $20,000
The application process for the Arapahoe County COVID-19 Business Impact Assistance Grant Program will open on June 22. The streamlined application process is designed to be quick and easy, with the application deadline extended to July 10, 2020, or until the funds have been depleted. A link to the application is at the bottom of this page.
Qualifying businesses must have operated a physical location in Arapahoe County for at least the last 12 months, have 500 or fewer employees, be in good standing with regulatory agencies, meet minimum financial requirements and retain at least one job (that meets low- to moderate income requirements) as a result of this assistance.
First priority will be to fund Arapahoe County employers within the boundaries of unincorporated Arapahoe County as most cities within the boundaries of incorporated entities can apply through their jurisdiction. Award preference will also be given for employers who commit to retain and/or bring back employees with the use of the funds
- If emergency funding or grants have already been received, eligible grant awards will be reduced by the amount received from those sources.
- Employer of 1 to 500 employees with a physical address in Arapahoe County
- For profit business that has lost income due to COVID-19
- Business has been in operation in Arapahoe County for last 12 months (June 1, 2019), and has at least one W-2 reported employee on payroll.
- The business has been forced to temporarily close or forced to dramatically limit operations due to the Public Health Orders related to COVID-19
- Franchise businesses allowed if locally-owned and can demonstrate lack of franchisor support
- Home based businesses allowed if in good standing with State, County and City regulations, and have one W-2 Employee on payroll.
Prohibited use of funds:
- Any expense not considered an eligible business expense by IRS rules
- Wages to any member of the owner’s family who is not a bona fide employee
- Charitable or Political contributions
- Salary to the owner that exceeds the amount paid on a weekly or monthly basis for the same period in 2019
- Payment of debt in excess of a minimum payment in an underlying debt instrument
- Payment of payroll expenses that have already been granted funds through the Payroll Protection Program
The following list of business types are not eligible for assistance:
- Businesses that continued to operate without restriction during COVID-19 pandemic. Such as mandated businesses
- Businesses deriving more than one-third of gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities
- Businesses engaged in any illegal activity
- Marijuana (medical and recreational)
- Businesses offering adult services or products
- Publicly Traded Businesses
The application deadline has been extended to August 1, 2020, or until the funds have been depleted.
For any questions, please email ArapahoeCARESGrant@arapahoegov.com.