Eastern County Bridge Projects (Jolly Road)
UPDATE: Project completed in August 2020
The County is pleased to report the completion of this project ahead of schedule, under budget and without injury or incident. Thank you very much to the community for your patience with detours so that we could make these four bridges safer for you today and well into the future.
On May 26, 2020 Arapahoe County will begin construction at four locations in your area. Improvements to these locations will significantly increase the safety and efficiency of these facilities, enhancing the quality of life for eastern Arapahoe County residents.
- Jolly Road (CR34) over First Creek
- Hawley Road (CR42) over Wolf Creek
- East Wall Road (CR42) over unnamed creek
- Exmoor Road (CR181) over I-70
What to Expect
Crews will mill and pave Exmoor Road, followed by bridge rail repair work. Then move to East Wall Road and finally moving on to Hawley Road and Jolly Road sites through June and August.
Construction activity is expected: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday through late August
- Exmoor Road: On Monday, July 27, the Exmoor Road Bridge over I-70 will be closed to traffic as crews perform milling and paving operations. While the road closure is in place, motorists will follow a detour route that will add approximately five minutes to the driving time.
- Jolly Road: full closure with a detour using East Wall Road from June to August 2020. (Detour map below.)
- East Wall Road: traffic will be reduced to a single-lane, east of Deer Trail, through early to mid July.
- Hawley Road: west of Wolf Creek Rd., traffic will be reduced to an alternating single lane through early to mid July.
Project completion is anticipated for late August 2020, dependent upon weather and site conditions.
Traffic Impact – Alternate Routes
East Wall, and Hawley Roads: No anticipated full closures. Sites may have one-lane / alternating traffic at times.
Jolly Road Detour: The detour route will not add more than 5 miles and and about seven to 10 minutes on the average trip. Motorists east of the jobsite will use CR 245 and E Wall Road to access Deer Trail and I-70.
$1.75 million total. Arapahoe County contribution of $910,000 is matched by $830,000 in federal funding to complete these projects.