- Open Spaces
- About Us
- Open Space FAQs
Open Space FAQs
- Does the County accept picnic shelter reservations?
Arapahoe County’s picnic shelters are available for public use on a first-come, first-served basis and are non-reservable. All shelter users must abide by shelter rules and regulations.
- Is flying a drone permitted on Open Space properties?
The use of motorized (electrical, gas or model rocket engine) powered flying objects to include drones, radio-controlled model airplanes or helicopters, u-controlled model airplanes, model rockets or motorized flying objects of a similar nature by hobbyists/individuals, clubs, or organized competitions is prohibited in Arapahoe County open spaces, parks, and trails unless written permission is granted by the Open Spaces Director or designee.
- Is camping permitted on Open Space properties?
Camping and overnight parking are not permitted in or on any County parks, trails, trailheads, or open spaces.
- I'm interested in donating or selling my property for use as an open space or park. How do I get more information?
Call 720-874-6540 to reach our acquisitions staff. We would be happy to meet with you to learn more about your property and to discuss the potential for an acquisition or donation of property or a conservation easement.
- Is the Fairgrounds Event Center available to rent?
Yes, the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds Event Center is available to rent. Learn more at www.arapahoecountyeventcenter.com or call 303-795-4955.
- Is photography allowed at the 17 Mile House Farm Park?
Yes, non-commercial photography is allowed at the site. Please stay on designated trails and walkways, and respect the buildings, structures, and grounds. Pack it in and pack it out.
- How can I schedule a group tour of 17 Mile House?
Visitors are welcome to walk around the farm area and enjoy the property from dawn to dusk. The house and barn interiors are open for group tours and school visits by appointment. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 720-874-6726.
- How can I volunteer at 17 Mile House?
The property provides a family-friendly connection to an 1860s farm. Volunteers lead tours, interpret historical and natural history, and provide hands-on experiences. Volunteers also create interpretive displays, maintain the gardens, and care for the historic collection of artifacts. Sign up to volunteer or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I submit a maintenance or safety concern, kudo, or general inquiry?
To submit a maintenance or safety concern, kudo, or general inquiry, please complete this form or email email@example.com