Persons with Disability Placard or Plates

Our customers who need to acquire Disability Plates or Placards can either mail in their documents, drop off documents at any secure 24-hour Motor Vehicle Office drop box (located outside all four Arapahoe County Motor Vehicle offices), or make an appointment for these services. One individual can only have 2 documents (either placards or plates) at any given time in their possession.

Please reference the State of Colorado DMV's DR2816 brochure for qualifying information, and note that no payment is due for this service. The associated DR2219 application form is also available for download.

Make an Appointment Button Opens in new window

If you choose to mail in your documents, please remember to include:

  1. Your full name
  2. A contact phone number/email
  3. A completed DR2219 application form with all signatures including doctor and witness (and accompanying documentation if needed)
  4. Your vehicle license plate number
  5. The last 8 digits of your VIN

Please mail paperwork to:

Arapahoe County Clerk and Recorder’s Office-Motor Vehicle
P.O. Box 9006
Littleton, CO 80160-9011

View Clerk and Recorder Office Locations and Hours
View All Forms for Colorado Division of Motor Vehicle Services

Conducting Business on Behalf of an Individual who is Disabled

Please note that if you want to conduct business on behalf of a spouse/relative/other individual who is disabled, and your name is not on the title to the vehicle in question, you must have a Power of Attorney letter for the disabled individual in order to conduct business on their vehicle’s record.

We are not authorized to modify an individual’s or vehicle’s record unless this letter is provided to the clerk processing the transaction.

Without the Power of Attorney letter the business you may conduct is limited. You may pay for the disabled individual’s registration, and have the tags and/or placard mailed to the disabled individual’s address on record. These documents cannot be directly given to anyone who is not on the title to the vehicle.