Contractor Licensing

Public Works and Development Building Division requires all companies and individuals doing work that requires a Building Permit in the unincorporated area of Arapahoe County to obtain a Contractor License.

In order to obtain a license you will need to submit the following to the Building Division:

  • Completed Application
  • Applicable Fee (see application)
  • Contractor License from another Colorado jurisdiction (if applicable)
  • Copy of ICC (International Code Council) certification (if applicable)
  • State Contractor's License for Electrical or Plumbing Contractors
  • Workers' Compensation coverage as required by State Law and General Liability coverage for the following minimum limits. Both must include the name of the business, insurance company, policy number, effective and expiration dates, and Arapahoe County must be named as the additional insured:
    • General aggregate: two million dollars ($2,000,000)
    • Each occurrence: one million dollars ($1,000,000)

Please contact the Arapahoe County Building Division at 720-874-6600 if you have any further questions.