Rent, Mortgage and Utility Assistance
This program keeps families in their homes with the heat and lights on. Funding is limited. Submitting an application is not a guarantee of assistance. Rent and utility assistance are listed first, keep reading for mortgage assistance.
Apply for Rent or Utility Assistance
If you live in Aurora, visit AuroraGov.org/rentassist. Applications will NOT be accepted from Aurora residents unless there is a denial of assistance from either the City of Aurora or the State Department of Local Affairs rent program or an imminent eviction.
If you live in Arapahoe County, outside of the City of Aurora, please follow the instructions below.
- You MUST meet income qualifications with income less than 80 percent of the area median income (AMI).
- You MUST be legally present in the United States
- You MUST submit a completed application AND include the following
- Copies of ID's for everyone in the household, including children
- Income verification for everyone in the household
- Proof of Human Services Benefits such as SNAP, TANF, or Medicaid may be substituted for proof of income
- A self attestation form IF you are unable to provide proof of income such as pay stub, award letter or proof of Human Services Benefits. Form is located in the electronic application packet linked above.
- Current eviction notice, if applicable
If you are unable to use the electronic link above in #3, pick up or drop off an application at 1690 W. Littleton Blvd., Suite 300 (3rd floor). You may request an application to be emailed. Do not place applications in County drop boxes. All applications must be mailed to or dropped off at the address above.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Ensure that ALL documentation is provided.
Arapahoe County rent assistance applications will be processed with the following priorities:
- Households with evictions or demands
- Households with income less than 50% of area median income
- Households that are applying for the first time
- All other households at risk of housing instability
Applying for a second time?
Please note that repeat applications that do not meet the qualifications will not be considered. If you've applied before and received assistance, your second application will be considered based on funds available and the following. To apply for a second time, email email@example.com.
- Families with children, seniors, or disabled individuals
- Income must be less than 50% of area median income
- There must be a demonstrated reason for needing additional assistance
- You must be at risk of housing instability
- You may be requested to document working with Arapahoe/Douglas Works! if you do not have a disability or child care needs
Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-738-7891
The Colorado Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (EMAP) provides financial assistance on behalf of income-eligible homeowners who have experienced a financial hardship associated with the COVID-19 health crisis. Households are eligible to receive EMAP assistance if they:
- Their original loan was not a Jumbo loan at the time of purchase or most recent refinance
The Housing and Community Development team also can assist with referrals to other rental assistance programs, eviction resources, homeless prevention services and other general housing resources. For additional assistance and programs, please visit Arapahoe County Human Services pages.
To search for the closest food banks, shelters, transportation options, medical facilities and more, visit ArapaSOURCE.