Twelve percent of annual Open Space tax revenue is set aside for merit-based, competitive grants, which support projects throughout the County such as:
- Land acquisition for open space, parks, and trails
- New construction or renovation of trails, trailheads, and parks
- Environmental or cultural education/interpretation projects
- Planning for open space, parks, and trails
- Other eligible projects as approved by the County
Entities which are eligible to receive grant funding include incorporated municipalities, recreation districts, and special districts that provide outdoor recreational services or amenities within Arapahoe County. Grant projects must be open to the public or serve a public purpose.
2021 Grant Opportunities
Arapahoe County Open Spaces has allocated $4 million for the 2021 grant cycle, to be awarded in three categories:
- $3,000,000 for Standard Grants ($100,001 to $500,000, 25% total project cost minimum cash match)
- Up to $500,000 for Small Grants ($1,000 to $100,000, 10% total project cost minimum cash match)
- Up to $500,000 for Planning Grants ($1,000 to $100,000, 10% total project cost minimum cash match)
Each agency may submit up to three applications for the 2021 grant cycle, to include no more than two Standard Grant applications.
Grant awards will be announced by August 10, 2021.
For more information about grant opportunities or eligibility, contact Sandra Bottoms at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the annual grants program, Arapahoe County Open Spaces considers joint project proposals on an ongoing basis. Joint project proposals are accepted by invitation only and typically support high priority, regionally significant projects. Joint project funds cannot be used for active recreation amenities (e.g., sports fields, playgrounds).
View the Joint Projects Proposal application guide for more info.