Motor Vehicle and Driver's License Services
COVID-19 Service Update
- Our branches are currently closed
- We are NOT ACCEPTING APPOINTMENTS at this time.
- The County will be waiving late fees for vehicle registration and renewals during the office closure.
- Updates to statewide DMV services are being posted to the Colorado Dept. of Revenue website.
- Visit mydmv.colorado.gov for online motor vehicle and licensing services.
- For specific questions related to vehicle transactions, contact State Vehicle Services at 303-205-5608.
- For specific questions related to driver license services, contact State Driver Services at 303-205-5600.
Please check our COVID-19 Update page for all County service updates.
The Arapahoe County Motor Vehicle Division in the Clerk and Recorder's Office assists citizens to register and title vehicles, and provides limited services for a driver's license or Colorado ID card. Please select a service below:
Motor Vehicle Division
- Vehicle Registration (includes license plates, registration renewal, temporary tags, handicap placards)
- Vehicle Titles
- Driver's License, ID Card and Driving Records - By Appointment Only. No Walk-Ins Accepted.
Current Wait Times for Services
Visit the following links to:
- Request a duplicate registration card
- Request a duplicate title
- Apply for an emissions waiver
- Estimate registration fees
- Become a third party IRP agent
- Create an IRP account
- Manage my placards
- Submit a first-time vehicle registration
- Apply for an out-of-state emissions extension
- Request a personalized plate
- Apply for a first-time placard
- Get a transaction receipt
- Renew a vehicle registration
- Replace tabs
- Check a title status
- Add/change a vehicle address
Renew License Plates at a Kiosk
|Skip the wait at the DMV and renew your vehicle registration at any one of 20 fast, easy kiosks around Colorado! You'll walk away with your tabs in minutes. Saturday hours available!
Save Time, Renew Online!
Don't wait in line at the DMV to renew! It's quick and easy to renew online and pay via credit, debit or check. Your vehicle registration or driver's license/ID card will arrive in the mail.