Arapahoe County is Colorado’s first county and the state’s third largest county with a 2020 population of 655,070. The County has grown by more than 83,000 people since the 2010 Census. Demographic information is a great way for residents and visitors to learn more about Arapahoe County. Other details from the 2020 Census will be available in the coming months. The following data was collected from 2019 and 2020 Census Bureau reports.
- Population is 655,070. Only Denver and El Paso Counties are larger.
- 246,302 households. Since 2010, the population of persons 65 and over living alone in Arapahoe County has grown by 30 percent.
- 36.7 years is the median age in the County. This is an increase of 1.0 years since 2010
- $82,710 is the median household income - $5,600 higher than that state-wide median income.
- 92.5 percent of Arapahoe County residents are high school graduates or higher.
- 43.8 percent have a bachelor's degree or higher - a 6 percent increase since 2010.
- 257,364 housing units in the County, of which 65.5 percent are owner occupied.
Learn more about the characteristics that distinguish Arapahoe County. Get more in-depth information about the County, the district you live in and more.