- Human Services
- Child and Family Services
- Child Protection
- Not One More Child in Arapahoe County
Not One More Child in Arapahoe County
Community Coalition to Prevent Child Abuse and Neglect
Connecting people, sharing resources and innovating ways to build safe communities; We are a coalition committed to helping our families and making sure not one more child is abused and neglected in Arapahoe County.
Started in 2014, the coalition is made up of hospital workers, educators, school leaders, health experts, child protection professionals, attorneys, nurses, faith and community leaders and more. Together, we share our work experiences, resources and programs to help educate and find ways to collaborate to prevent child abuse and neglect.
We need your continued support turning these ideas into action. Please spread the word among your colleagues. Ask them to join you for upcoming meetings. We look forward to your partnership and participation as we work together to build prevention strategies and networks to better protect children and support families in Arapahoe County.
Request more information or ask to be included in our mailing list.
We'll post our next scheduled meeting soon.
Commitment to Education
The coalition focuses on education and networking in the community. Members attend quarterly meetings to stay connected with various events and seek opportunities to collaborate efforts and key messages with other organizations. Key interests include:
- Domestic Violence, Substance Abuse and Addiction Awareness
- Healthcare Education
- Family Resources
- Public Awareness and Education
2021 Child Protection Facts
- Arapahoe County received 24,272 (21,222 in 2020) (26,737 in 2019) calls to the crisis hotline and statewide hotline. (Calls about the safety and well-being of children, youth and at-risk adults, as well as questions about community resources, support services and issues not related to abuse and neglect).
- 12,646 (10,457 in 2020) (13,533 in 2019) Child Protection referrals were received.
- 1,449 (1,072 in 2020) (1,030 in 2019) Child Protection referrals to prevention services.
- 5,077 (4,077 in 2020) (5,034 in 2019) Child Protection referrals assigned for assessment.
- 80.8% (80% in 2020) (84% in 2019) of children involved with Child Protection Services remained safely at home or in the home of their relatives or kin.
- 85 (101 in 2020) (107 in 2019) youth were adopted.
Report Child Abuse and Neglect in Arapahoe County
If you believe a child is in immediate danger, please call 911. If you have concerns that a child is being abused or neglected but is not in immediate danger, please call our 24/7 hotline at 303-636-1750 or 1-844-CO-4-KIDS. Your report is anonymous and confidential.
Our Partners include:
- 18th Judicial District Attorney's Office
- Advocates For Children
- Arapahoe County Coroner’s Office
- Arapahoe County Department of Human Services
- Arapahoe County Early Childhood Council
- Arapahoe County Public Health
- Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office
- Arapahoe House
- Aurora Fire Department
- Aurora Housing Authority
- Aurora Mental Health Center
- Aurora Police Department
- Aurora Public Schools
- Children's Hospital Colorado
- Colorado Alliance for Drug Endangered Children
- Colorado Department of Human Services
- Colorado Positive Coaching Alliance
- Denver Indian Family Resource Center
- Families First
- Family Tree
- Gateway Battered Women’s Services
- Grace of the Lord Church, Aurora
- Greenwood Village Police Department
- Inter-Faith Community Services
- Littleton Public Schools
- Mile High Behavior Health
- Shiloh House
- Sungate Kids
- The Arc of Aurora
- The Kempe Foundation
- University of Denver