Arapahoe County no longer operates a First-Time Homebuyer Assistance Program. Please visit Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA) for more information on CHFA's FirstStep Program, which offers great opportunities to achieve affordable homeownership through CHFA.
The CHFA FirstStepsm program:
- May be used by first-time homebuyers, non-first-time homebuyers purchasing in targeted areas, or qualified veterans;
- Offers fixed interest rates and a 30-year term; and
- Can be paired with an optional zero-percent second mortgage load for down payment, closing costs and/or prepaid assistance (higher interest rates apply).
To qualify for either program:
- Borrower income and total loan amount must be within limits;
- Borrower must complete a CHFA homebuyer education class (online or in-person) prior to loan closing;
- Borrower must contribute a minimum of $1,000 toward the purchase of the home; and
- Borrower must have a credit score of 620 for borrowers with credit scores (borrowers with no credit score are permitted).