Liquor Licensing

Liquor Licenses or Permits

Licenses or permits for the sale of alcoholic beverages are required in Unicorporated Arapahoe County, Colorado. All alcohol beverage license applications for locations within Unicorporated Arapahoe County must be filed with the Arapahoe County Liquor Licensing Authority and given approval prior to filing with the State of Colorado Liquor Licensing Division.

Special Event Permit Applications


A Special Event Permit issued under this article may be issued to an organization, whether or not presently licensed under Articles 4 and 3 of this title, which has been incorporated under the laws of this state for the purpose of a social, fraternal, patriotic, political or athletic nature, and not for pecuniary gain or which is a regularly chartered branch, lodge or chapter of a national organization or society organized for such purposes and being nonprofit in nature, or which is a regularly established religious or philanthropic institution, and to any political candidate who has filed the necessary reports and statements with the Secretary of State pursuant to Article 45 of Title 1, C.R.S. A Special Event permit may be issued to any municipality owning arts facilities at which productions or performances of an artistic or cultural nature are presented for use at such facilities.

A qualified non-profit organization can obtain special event permits for fifteen (15) days per calendar year.

To apply for a Special Event Permit in Unincorporated Arapahoe County, please provide our office with 1 original and 2 copies of the following (single-sided, no staples):

  1. Complete the most recent version of the Special Event Permit application including all documents listed on page 2. The most recent liquor forms, laws, rules and regulations can be found on the State website. Our office is prohibited from providing any legal advice.
  2. $100.00 check made payable to Arapahoe County Treasurer. Currently, we are not accepting credit card payments. Please do not submit cash. No payment is needed for the State.
  3. Provide all current server certifications.
  4. Complete and return the Arapahoe County Special Event Questionnaire.
  5. Submit a legible diagram of the premises (8.5 x 11) used for the event which must include placement of bars, service areas and patios. The diagram must show separate entrances and exits in accordance with any/all Public Health Orders related to COVID-19, security and dimensions and including social distancing. Diagrams should have proposed liquor permit premises outlined boldly in black, and must demonstrate how the liquor area(s) will be controlled (i.e. ropes, walls, locked doors, barriers, etc.). Dimensions of proposed liquor permit premises must be included. 
  6. Include a Certificate of Liquor Liability Insurance, naming Arapahoe County Government as the Certificate Holder. In addition, the Insured should name the Applicant, with additional insureds naming all Officers, the Event Manager, Alcohol Providers and any other parties listed on the application. The Policy shall also indemnify Arapahoe County, its elected officials and employees as additional insureds. 

For Reference:

Food Vendors

Please contact the Arapahoe County Public Health Department (ACPH) directly for assistance with obtaining the necessary food licenses and approval. Please submit your Arapahoe County Public Health Department Application directly to ACPH no later than 30 days prior to your event (preferably 45-60 days prior) at:  If you have questions regarding the ACPH Special Event Coordinator Application, please contact ACPH directly at 303-734-4329.

In accordance with C.R.S. 44-5-105(5), Sandwiches or other food snacks shall be available during all hours of service of malt, spirituous, or vinous liquors, but prepared meals need not be served.

Additionally, the obligations of the Applicant are:

  • The special event licensee must purchase liquor to be served and/or sold at the event only from a licensed wholesaler or a licensed retail liquor store.
  • A special event liquor permit is authorized only for the benefit of the nonprofit organization or political candidate who holds the permit. Proceeds from the event must benefit the nonprofit organization or the political candidate.
  • Holders of a special event liquor permit can employ event managers to handle the event for a fee that reasonably compensates their work. The fee cannot be the revenues from the event.
  • The director can require examination of the books and records of a special event to ensure compliance with permit obligations.

Temporary Special Use Permit – Private Property

A temporary use permit (TUP) may be required. Please contact the Arapahoe County Zoning Department at 720-874-6711 or email: In addition, the Applicant may need to contact the appropriate fire department if the event is large.  If a TUP is required, the fire department is already participating.  PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ZONING APPROVAL PROCESS MAY TAKE UP TO 6 WEEKS OR MORE.

Applicant is responsible for accurately checking for and ensuring that the most current public health orders are strictly followed, including public health orders for the ongoing COIVD-19 pandemic during their event.

**Note that we must receive a complete application along with all documentation listed on the application and above no later than 30 days prior to the event, although we prefer to have them at least 45 days or more prior to your scheduled event. This means that all documents and payments are received and are accurate. Please allow yourself more time by filing the application and required documents well in advance of the 30 day deadline to ensure you have enough time to complete any application deficiencies.

For questions, please contact:

Tiffeni Contiguglia
Liquor Authority Clerk
Arapahoe County Attorney's Office

5334 South Prince Street
Littleton, CO 80120-1136

Phone: 303-795-4539
Fax: 303-738-7836