Applicants seeking employment with the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office should be aware of certain requirements that are inherent with any law enforcement profession. Honesty, maturity, self-discipline, initiative and an exceptional ability to deal with people and traumatic events are expected of all applicants.
Applicants must be able to legally work in the United States and must be able to effectively communicate in written and spoken English. The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office is an alcohol, drug, and smoke free work environment.
Deputy Sheriff / Deputy Recruit Positions
- Minimum Age for Applicants is 21 years.
- High School Diploma, or GED.*
- P.O.S.T. Certified or certifiable.**
Additional Specific Disqualification Factors for Deputy Sheriffs / Deputy Recruits
- Misdemeanor convictions that affect an individual’s ability to become P.O.S.T. Certified.
- Domestic violence conviction.
- Permanent restraining order as a result of domestic violence.
- Minimum Age for Applicants is 18 years.
- High School Diploma, or GED minimum.*
*Certain positions may have additional or specific education requirements
**Colorado Police Officer Standards and Training Certificate