How Do I
Click to Home

Go To Search

How We Can Help
Arapahoe County Child Support Services offers the following services. Learn how to apply for services.

Establish Paternity
If a father is not listed on a child’s birth certificate, Child Support Services can help to identify and locate the father. We can establish paternity with a signed submission of paternity from the father or confirm paternity by genetic testing. View our frequently asked questions on establishing paternity.

Establishing a Child or Medical Support Order
Child Support Services can arrange a conference to review both parents’ financial information and recommend a monthly obligation using the state guidelines. If both parents agree on the amount, we can enter an administrative support order. If either party does not agree, a magistrate will decide the amount at a court hearing. View our frequently asked questions on establishing an order.

Enforcing a Support Order
If you already have a child support court order, the non-custodial parent will receive a monthly child support statement for payment through family support registry. If there is an interruption in payments, Child Support Services can use a variety of enforcement remedies to encourage payment. Obligors are notified before a remedy occurs. View a full list of the various enforcement remedies.

View our frequently asked questions on enforcing child support orders.
Interstate Cases
Child Support Services works cooperatively with other states to enforce child support court orders when a non-custodial parent lives out of state. Our reach also extends internationally. View our frequently asked questions on child support orders with parents in different states.

Modifying a Child or Medical Support Order
Parents may request a review of a child support order with written proof of a change in circumstances, such as salary changes, medical coverage for the child, day care costs or number of overnights. If a party is receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits, the review is automatic.

Child Support Services can review both parents’ circumstances and the support calculation using the state guidelines. An order may only be modified if the re-calculation results in a change of at least 10 percent up or down in the amount of support. View our frequently asked questions on modifying a child or medical support order.

Contact Us
Bob Prevost
Deputy Director
Community and Child Support Services Division

14980 E. Alameda Drive
Garden Level
Aurora, CO 80012

Ph: 303-752-8900
Fx: 303-752-8901
Relay Colorado: 711

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.