Planning and Land Development
Need a Quick Answer? During business hours (M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) talk to someone to get the information you need quickly. Call 720-874-6650 and ask for:
- Planner on Call for questions about current land development activity or processes for land development approvals.
- Zoning on Call to find the zoning on properties, check allowable land uses, report a property concern or ask about fence or sign permits.
- Use the Form Center to submit a Report, Request or Question to the Planning or Zoning Divisions. Please select Planning or Zoning from drop down menu.
- Learn more about Public Works On Call
- Review Land Development Cases through Citizen Access
Find My PropertyArapaMap and Property, Address, or other Parcel Information tools may also help you find the information you need and whether a property is located within the unincorporated county.
The Planning Division of the Public Works and Development Department provides services to the unincorporated areas of Arapahoe County.
- Animal Control – Dog licensing, animal control regulations, and pet owner education
- Current Planning / Land Development Approvals – Land use and development services
- Long Range Planning / Comprehensive Plan and SubArea Plans – Land use and comprehensive planning
- Major Planning Cases – Details about some of our current cases
- Arapahoe County's Active Planning Cases Map – Land development cases actively under review in unincorporated Arapahoe County
- Land Development Code Updates – Arapahoe County has conducted an assessment of its current zoning, subdivision, and land use regulations with the goals of making the land development process more efficient and user friendly
- Zoning Administration – Property information, zoning compliance, and permits
- Weed Control – Control of noxious weeds on public lands and land owner education
- Demographics - To understand more about Arapahoe County, please visit this page for basic demographic information and to find links to outside sources
- Homeowner and Neighborhood Associations - These associations are a vital part of the communications network for Arapahoe County
- Marijuana Rules and Regulations in Arapahoe County