Commissioner Nancy Sharpe
Serving District 2
Nancy N. Sharpe is serving her second term as commissioner representing District 2, which includes Centennial, Greenwood Village, a portion of Aurora and unincorporated central Arapahoe County. She was sworn in January 2011 and her term expires January 2019. She is the current Board Chair and served as Board Chair in 2015 and 2013 and Finance Officer in 2016.
As commissioner, Nancy oversees BOCC Administration, Communication Services, County Attorney's Office and Human Services departments. She is a member of the Executive Budget Committee.
She currently chairs the Metro Area County Commissioners and the Colorado Counties Inc. Human Services and Legislative committees. She also chairs the National Association of Counties Social Services, Welfare and Immigration subcommittee of the Human Services and Education Steering Committee and is a member of the Colorado Child Welfare Executive Leadership Council.
Community and National Representation
She serves on the:
- Arapahoe County Water and Wastewater Authority Board
- Arapahoe County Housing Authority
- Board of Social Services
- Boundary Control Commission
- Cherry Creek Basin Water Quality Authority
- Denver South Economic Development Partnership Executive Committee
- Developmental Pathways Board of Directors
- High Line Canal Working Group
- Public Airport Authority
- Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority Board of Directors
- Transportation Management Association
- Urban Drainage and Flood Control District Board of Directors
Commissioner E-News Connection for District 2
- Sign up to receive future issues