A Two-Generation Approach
A 2Gen approach is the practice of intentionally serving the whole family, specifically children and the adults in their lives together and vulnerable adults and their caregivers simultaneously. The 2Gen approach helps children and families get the education and workforce training, social supports like parenting skills and health care they need to create a legacy of economic stability and overall well-being. The success of the 2Gen approach is to see the positive outcomes pass from generation to generation.
Human Services programs through the 2Gen lens
- ArapaSOURCE - Web application for quick GPS access to 18 community resources including food, financial, family, employment resources and more.
- GOALS - Generational Opportunities to Achieve Long-term Success is a bridge housing project serving families experiencing homelessness.
- CoPEP - Early intervention and Colorado Parent Employment Program.
- Family Resource Pavilion - A community based multi service system of care designed to serve adolescents and their families.
- HANDS - Helping Arapahoe (County) Neighbors Discover Support is a partnership between Human Services and faith-based organizations, non-profits and businesses to further meet the needs of our families and individuals.
- HSConnects - Data sharing system that serves to bring quality, accuracy and time saving benefits to families and individuals.
- LINKS - Listening to the Needs of Kids is a service that brings families, relatives, and other supports together to jointly build a plan that brings forth best outcomes for children and their family.
- Not One More Child in Arapahoe County - Community coalition that focuses on preventing child abuse and neglect through education, networking and innovation.
*For more information on the Two-Generation Approach, visit Ascend the Aspen Institute.