Apply for a Marriage License
STEP ONE: Apply for a Marriage License
If both applicants can appear in-person:
Complete the online Marriage License Application and then both applicants must appear in person to apply and sign the marriage application at any of our Clerk and Recorder branch locations. Courtesy computers are available at our Centennial and Littleton branches to complete the online application if needed. If one applicant can appear in-person:
Complete the Absentee Application Form and have it notarized in advance. This form can be used if one party cannot appear because he/she is ill, out-of-state or incarcerated. The party applying must bring the absentee application along with identification for the absent party.
What to Bring:
- $30 Cash for Marriage License Fee. Cash only. No credit cards or checks are accepted.
- Valid Identification for Proof of Age for Both Parties: Such as a Driver's License issued in the United States, Passport, Military ID, or State-issued ID Card. We do not accept IDs issued to inmates by a correctional facility.
- Social Security Number for Both Parties: If either party does not have a social security number, they must sign an affidavit provided by the Clerk's Office when applying for the license.
- Place of Birth for Both Parties (City and State) must be listed on the application form
- Parents' Names and Current Addresses for Both Parties must be listed on the application form
- Additional Documents If Applicable:
- Judicial Court Order, if either party is age 16 or 17
- Divorce Decree or Information for Previous Marriages, if applicable
- If either party has finalized a divorce within 30 days of applying for the marriage license, the final decree must be produced. This decree must be signed by the judge or court referee.
- If the divorce has been final more than 30 days, divorce information must be given regarding date of divorce, place of divorce and court in which the divorce was finalized.
STEP TWO: Complete Your Marriage License and Certificate
After you have applied for and received a marriage license, follow these instructions to properly complete and sign the certificate at your marriage.