Eligible entities for grant funding include incorporated municipalities within the County, special districts that provide recreational services or amenities, and recreation districts.
View a list of the spring 2017 grant recipients here.
Fall Special Cycle:
A total of $1 million is available for active recreation projects, such as playgrounds and ballfields, in two categories:
- Large Active Recreation Grant Awards: grants of $101,000 to $450,000, requiring a minimum of 25% total project cost cash match
- Small Active Recreation Grant Awards: grants of $1,000 to $100,000, requiring a minimum of 10% total project cost cash match.
Applications from both categories (large and small) will compete in the same pool for the $1 million allocated to this active recreation round.
The maximum number of applications per entity is one for the fall 2017 cycle. Please contact Open Spaces with questions about project eligibility.
Arapahoe County Open Spaces has allocated $4M for a single grant cycle in spring 2018, to be awarded in three categories:
- Six or more Standard Grants: $100,100 to $500,000, 25% total project cost minimum cash match
- Five Small Grants: $100 to $100,000, 10% total project cost minimum cash match
- Five Planning Grants: $100 to $100,000, 10% total project cost minimum cash match
Application materials will be available on January 16, 2018 and grant training sessions will be scheduled for mid-January. Open Spaces anticipates rolling out a new online application system for the spring 2018 grant round, so training will be mandatory for all applicants.
Each entity may submit a maximum of three applications for the 2018 cycle, to include no more than two standard grant applications.