Bond, designed to assure an individual's appearance in court, is set according to a court-approved schedule. Payment of the full bond amount is required to release an inmate from jail. To determine an inmate’s bond type and amount, please call the automated Information System at 720-874-3500 or visit the Inmate Charges and Bonds page. Bond types are as follows:
- Cash Bond: This bond type requires the full amount of bond in cash, which the court may return once court appearances are completed. Persons requesting surety status on the cash bond must provide a valid driver’s license or I.D. card prior to signing the bond.
- Property Bond: The equity in real property may be used to post a property bond. Property bonds must be posted at the Arapahoe County Combined Court Clerk's Office during regular business hours. The Detention Facility does not handle real property bonds.
- Surety Bond: A surety bond may be posted through the service of any state-licensed bond agent, who may require a co-signer and/or collateral to secure the bond and typically charge 10 to 15-percent of the total bond amount.
- Personal Recognizance Bond: The judge may grant a personal recognizance (PR) bond. This is a signature bond involving no money or property as long as the individual appears at all future court dates.
- PR Bond with Co-signer: The judge may also grant a PR bond with a co-signer. The individual must find someone who meets the co-signer requirements and who is willing to sign the bond. The individual and the co-signer are responsible for the bond amount should the individual not return to court.
The Arapahoe County Detention Facility charges a $10 non-refundable bond fee, payable in cash only, for each bond. Additional municipal and county bond fees may also apply. There is a $30 booking fee charged each time an individual goes to jail. Typically, this fee is also paid at the time of bonding.
Bonds can be posted at the Arapahoe County Detention Facility 24 hours a day. The Facility will accept certified bank checks or money orders for bond payments.